Have you noticed that your pet seems to develop jaws of steel when it's time for a dose of medicine? As you struggle to pry apart your furry friend's teeth, you know you only have one chance to dr ...View Article
You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
Posted on 09-24-2018
D-Con Rodenticide has made a dangerous change. The new active ingredient is cholecaciferal (Vitamin D3) and it looks like play dough.
This new product is extremely dangerous to pets. If not treated immediately after ingestion, there is no cure and damage to internal organs cannot be reversed. If treated immediately, treatment is expensive and lasts a long time.
Symptoms of ingestion may not show for 1-2 days after ingestion. Symptoms include increased thirst and urination, vomiting, decreased appetite, urine/ammonia smell to breath, weakness, lethargy and kidney failure.
More information can be found at https://www.petpoisonhelpline.com/veterinarian-tips/breaking-news-d-con-rodenticide-ingredient-changes-to-vitamin-d3/
There are no comments for this post. Please use the form below to post a comment.